|Title:||Innovation and Insights Manager|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO (RSC Corporate Headquarters)|
The Innovation and Insights Manager will be tasked with developing a robust pipeline of disruptive innovation that drives incremental, sustainable and profitable growth. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Innovation and together they will ensure that innovation is aligned with the company strategy. The person in this role must be a thought leader, inspiring greatness, divergent thinking, and ongoing inspiration for the business. We are looking for someone with the ability to lead with disciplined management practices blended with entrepreneurial behavior, skills, and mindset to make intuitive strategic decision while appropriately managing uncertainty and risk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and validate new product concepts that deliver on key consumer needs
- Lead a diverse, cross-functional, best-in-class team who will be responsible for shepherding platforms and product concepts through the innovation process, considering strategic, consumer, technical and business viability
- Represent the innovation department with multiple stakeholders including Russell Stover executive leadership team, Lindt group management, and retail partners
- Align and influence the leadership team to make optimal prioritization and commercialization decisions
- Conduct all internal and external consumer research activities including managing research agencies and writing own surveys with digital survey software tools
- Conduct analysis to maximize new item profitability and to measure success of innovation launches with metrics
- Assist in building internal innovation capabilities and help to shape a culture of creativity and innovative thinking
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing new products with a fast-moving consumer goods company
- Strong leadership skills and excellent know-how in project management tools, principles and best practices, with a passion for results
- Proficient at leading market research studies, analyzing consumer data, and turning insights into action
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite
- MBA highly preferred
- Experience with Design Thinking and Agile methodologies a plus
- Project management certification a plus
- Confident Problem Solver / Solution-driven individual
- Inspirational leader who shares passion and collaborates effectively
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Confections industry experience a plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence others, exhibit enthusiasm and a passion for the work
- Creativity, out of the norm thinking around what is possible
- Self-driven and ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in priorities
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
Russell Stover Chocolates is a leader in the manufacturer of boxed chocolates. The company’s three brands – Russell Stover, Whitman’s and Pangburn’s - are sold in company-owned retail stores and 70,000 wholesale accounts. After nearly 100 years in operation the company manufactures approximately 100 million pounds of chocolate candies each year in its proud tradition of being “Made in America” and “Handcrafted in Small Batches”.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Chocolates was acquired by Lindt and Sprungli, the world leader in premium chocolates. This was the largest acquisition in the history of Lindt and Sprungli which has operations in over 40 countries across the globe. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.