|Title:||Process Technology Manager|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO (RSC Corporate Headquarters)|
The Process Technology Manager will be the key contact and subject matter expert for the technological/ food process related aspects in Russell Stover’s three-plant operation. This role will be responsible for technological plant support as well as the industrialization process for new or renovated product and packaging to ensure manufacturing readiness. They will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish – collaborating with key stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks and communicate with cross-functional partners across the company.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities of Product and Process engineers in each plant to align with company priorities
- Lead the education on technical/ process aspects to maximize line efficiencies and autonomous maintenance of production lines
- Network with peers across the Lindt subsidiaries to enhance/ transfer knowledge.
- Plan and execute operations development activities and ensure transition to production within cost, quality, and capacity parameters.
- Pursues all cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability. Develops project test plans, schedules, and budgets for new and changing products or packaging.
- Conducts weekly cross functional meetings. Consolidates, and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s).
- Propose changes to current processes or timelines after soliciting expert input.
Product and Packaging Process
- Lead industrialization process through collaboration with Marketing, Operations, R&D and Packaging Engineers to create critical path analysis, preparing and implementing work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Ensures trial and test results are properly communicated to the appropriate teams and document learnings/procedure for production ramp.
- Ability to understand and drive the manufacturing process in order to maximize trial results/ ramp-up.
- Capture project goals from cross functional team of Operations, Design, Marketing and Engineering.
- Liaises between manufacturing facilities and project teams to ensure materials are obtained and trials are scheduled and executed
- Leads the on-site team at the manufacturing facilities to confirm all operation-focused project delivery, quality and cost metrics are met through development cycle
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, food science, operations, logistics, or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years or more experience in Engineering and Manufacturing in a new product industrialization (NPI) role
- Two (2) years or more experience in the Confectionery industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Travel up to 35%
- Ability to spend 60-70% time standing or walking around in the plant
- MBA or advanced technical education
- Project Management/Leadership experience in leading and executing NPI projects (for manufacturing and supply chain scale-up activities)
- Ability to manage multiple projects from conception to final stages
- Experience in Smartsheet or related project management and timeline tools
- Experience with SAP or an integrated system
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills required with all levels of management
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical abilities
Why Russell Stover?
Russell Stover Chocolates is a leader in the manufacturer of boxed chocolates. The company’s three brands – Russell Stover, Whitman’s and Pangburn’s - are sold throughout the United States in company-owned retail stores and 70,000 wholesale accounts. After nearly 100 years in operation the company manufactures approximately 100 million pounds of chocolate candies each year in its proud tradition of being “Made in America” and “Handcrafted in Small Batches”.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Chocolates was acquired by Lindt and Sprungli, the world leader in premium chocolates. This was the largest acquisition in the history of Lindt and Sprungli which has operations in over 40 countries across the globe. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.